The Sanford Christmas Parade is on the first Monday in December at 7 pm every year.
Parade Route & Road Closings
The parade route will begin at the corner of Carthage Street and Wicker Street. The parade will head east on Wicker Street, turn north onto Steele Street, then west onto Carthage Street, and end back at Wicker Street.
Staging for the parade will take place at St. Luke UMC on the corner of Wicker Street and N. Currie Drive. Parade entrants will line up along Wicker Street between Carthage Streets and U.S. Hwy 1.
The following streets will be closed for Parade traffic, so plan accordingly
- Wicker Street from Carthage Street to U.S. 1 beginning at 6 pm and ending after the last parade entrant enters the official parade route.
- The official parade route: Wicker Street to Steele Street, Steele Street to Carthage Street, and Carthage Street to Wicker Street beginning at 6:30 pm.
- Tryon Street beginning at 6 pm and ending at 8 pm.
- The section of Park Avenue from Carthage Street beginning at 6 pm and ending after the last parade entrant leaves the official parade route.
Enter the Parade
- Click here if you are interested in being a parade sponsor / renting a float
- Click here if you are interested in entering your group or organization in the parade.
The Central Carolina Jaycees and the City of Sanford, NC have a firm set of rules you must abide by if you want to participate in this or future parades. Click here to read the rules.