There are a dozen wonderful reasons to become a Jaycee. Here are a few:
- Expanded business network. Every Jaycee chapter prides itself on providing a rich environment for young professionals to connect with each other. Further, you’ll have the opportunity to meet potential new clients or get referrals that will open new doors.
- Enhanced professional skills. As young adults, we are still developing our careers – and many of us may be trying our hands at new careers. The Jaycees offer workshops, leadership training and other learning opportunities that let us grow our skills and confidence. For instance, during your time as a Jaycee, you’ll quickly learn to create and adhere to a budget, manage projects and personnel, and become comfortable with public speaking.
- Meet people like you. The Jaycees are packed with people just like you – young professionals who want to be involved in their communities. Simply by participating in the projects that interest you, you’ll meet a bevy of people who have similar interests. Several of our members have even found their “better half” through the Jaycees.
- Be an active member of your community. The Jaycees do tons of community service and charitable fundraising. This is your opportunity to get out in your community and help make it the place you want it to be. And, if there’s a charity or activity that’s special to you, the Jaycees can help you bring it turn it into a project where you can do some real good.
- Have fun with your family. Community service and leadership development doesn’t have to happen with your family at home. We encourage members to include their family members in our events and often run projects geared at improving family life.
There are financial benefits, as well, including:
- Training Opportunities: both professional and personal topics covered in seminars that are free or below-market cost
- Automatic Memberships in the NC Jaycees, US Jaycees, and Junior Chamber International (JCI)
- Discounts on trips: Large groups mean great deals on trips, whether we’re jetting off to Vegas or just down to the coast for some R&R.
- Hotel Discounts: Choice Hotels International (whose brands include Comfort, Quality, Sleep, Clarion, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, or MainStay Suites) give the Jaycees a 20% discount.
- Technology Services discount: Expetec Technology Services give U.S. Jaycee members a 15% discount on all technical sales and services.
- Discounts on Car Rentals: 10% discount for US Jaycees who rent from Avis. Special rates are also offered by Alamo.